What's Standard in the Market today?
Most shower heads that come from the store or are installed by a plumber are 2.5 gallons per minute(referred to as gpm) of water flow. This requirement was set by the Energy Act of 1992. The standard water pressure for most of America on a non well system is 60psi. Older shower heads or those not changed since 1992(hard to believe) could be 5 gpm. The Shower head will put out more water at a high psi.
It appears the average duration of a shower in the USA is between 7 and 10 mins per family member
Your choices for Water Saving Models:
What is a low flow showerhead? We suppose that any model that is less than 2.5gpm could be considered water saving. There are 2.0, 1.75, 1.5, and 1.25 gpm models available. We at Conservastore feel that unless you make the jump to a 1.25gpm shower head model you really are not attempting to save a lot of money and water.
Here's a simple calculation:
(Example - 10-minute shower at 2.5 gallons per minute is 25 gallons of water used per shower.
A 10-minute shower at 1.25 gallons per minute is 12.5 gallons of water used per shower.
25 gallons x 30 days = 750 gallons, 12.5 gallons x 30 days =375 gallons, which is a 375 gallons of water per month savings or 4500 gallons per year.
Conservastore has offered product by Niagara Conservation for many years and our customers have generally been satisfied with the quality of their shower heads
The Earth 1.25 gallon per minute(gpm) is the Best Selling low flow shower head we offer
and the model we suggest you purchase. It's features include:
- Affordability: Some of our customers are concerned about the quality of the head due to the very low price. We assure you the head is well constructed and does a great job.
- Quality Construction:
- Three showerhead spray settings: needle, massage, combination
- Corrosion-resistant high-impact ABS thermoplastic body, maintenance-free, 10-year warranty
|1.25 gpm Earth White Finish Shower Head|
Niagara Conservation has premiered some new models recently to bring water efficient into a more decorative realm
The Sava Spa Shower Head gives the customer a Rainshower head style of design but still offers a low 1.5 gallon per minute(gpm) flow rate.
The Sava Spa features include:
- Extra large 4.4” (113mm) diameter
- 360° ball joint swivel for adjustment
- Rubber spray nozzles for easy cleaning
- Corrosion resistant high-impact ABS thermoplastic body
|Sava Spa 1.5gpm Decorative Shower Head|
Many folks like Personal or Hand Held Showers since they can reach around the majority of your person while showering. Your in luck since Conserv-A-Store offers a Personal shower that uses only 1.5 gpm
Water efficient Personal shower features include:
• 72-inch, tangle-free hose
• Non-removable flow compensator
• 9-jet turbo massage: settings from forceful to gentle
• Non-aerating spray means less temperature loss with maximum energy savings
• Self-cleaning and maintenance-free
Available in Chrome only
|1.5 gpm Water Saving Handheld or Personal Shower|
Green University is our way of educating you on Green Products and Green Topics that you may have not considered or been unaware of. We all have a specialty in our jobs and our specialty is offering you how you can save on your water and energy bills and by so doing save the global resource base for us all. More Green University reports to come.... Stay tuned
Thanks so much Conservastore.com